What types of communities do you service?
We serve ALL HOAs!
What is a Common Area Maintenance Program (CAMP)?
HOAs and community managers implement common area maintenance programs (CAMP) to reduce HOA costs and to save the manager time. The key to the CAMP is its focus on “preventive maintenance”. This is so important because the objective of preventive maintenance is to prevent building components from breaking down in the first place, so expensive repairs are avoided or at least reduced.  

Our Common Area Maintenance Program provide your community with a dedicated maintenance team for a set number of hours each day, week, or month to implement preventive maintenance strategies. These programs are structured to provide accountability, reliability and more importantly visibility as the schedule is consist month to month. You know when our team will be on the property.
Do you do individual homeowner work?
Only our Plumbing Department does work for specific homeowners.
Do you offer plumbing in Las Vegas?
No, we only offer plumbing in California as of now.
Do you provide free estimates?
Yes, all our estimates are free.
Why would we choose ProTec over other vendors?
We specialize in the maintenance and repair of HOAs specifically. We have seen just about any maintenance issue that could arise on your property. With over 370 employees, if we don't have an answer, we are confident someone in the company does.
What kind of licensing does a contractor need to work on HOAs?
In California, anyone who contracts to perform work on a project that is valued at $500 or more for combined labor and materials costs must hold a current, valid license from CSLB. You can verify the license or call (800) 321-CSLB (2752). A general building contractor also may contract for specialty work but must hold a specialty license for that work or actually have a specialty contractor do the work. The only exception is if the job requires more than two types of work on a building. Then it is appropriate for a licensed general building contractor to contract for and oversee the entire project. For example, if your kitchen remodeling will involve plumbing, electrical and carpentry work under one contract, you should hire a licensed “B” General Building contractor. Under these circumstances, a “B” contractor may perform all the work on a building, or subcontract parts of the job to contractors with specialty licenses.
Does a contractor need “Special HOA” General Liability Insurance?
The HOA usually requires GL insurance. General Contractors who have any workers must have worker’s compensation insurance – by law. Workers’ compensation insurance is required for issuance of an active license, reactivation of an inactive license, and for the maintenance of an actively renewed license, unless the licensee does not employ anyone in a manner that is subject to California workers’ compensation laws (Business and Professions Code section 7125). Workers’ compensation insurance is not required for expired or inactive licenses. Licensees are required to submit proof of their workers’ compensation insurance coverage to CSLB. If the licensee does not employ anyone in a manner that is subject to California workers’ compensation laws, he/she is required to submit an Exemption from Workers’ Compensation form to CSLB. You can download or order an exemption form online or by calling CSLB at (800) 321-CSLB (2752).
What does "ProTec" stand for?
ProTec Building Services was named ProTec as an abbreviation of Professional Technician. Prior to our founding, we wanted to distinguish ourselves from handymen or other companies that did our type of work.  We wanted to be “Professional” contractors.  What does professional mean in this context?  It means that we answer our phones, e-mails and texts in a timely manner.  It means doing what we say we’re going to do when we say we’re going to do it.  If our schedule changes then we call the client right away to let them know of the change.  It means that our technicians have broad industry knowledge or at least understand and are proficient in “at least” two trades.  It means that we’re honest and don’t steal from our clients or each other.  It means that we show up to the jobsite neat, clean and ready to work.  It means that we run a safe job site and that we clean up the job site at the end of each work day.  It means we drive trucks that are well organized, cleanand safe.  ProTec, the Professional Technician, and an entire team of back up professionals, is the HOA community managers solution to getting the job done, hassle-free and with multiple services out of a one-stop shop. 

Still have questions? Contact us today and will be sure to get you the answer you need.

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.

Questions about employment?