ProTec is seeking a skilled, reliable, honest, and professional Facilities Maintenance Technician who is capable of successfully managing a mid or high‐rise building with multiple building systems.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all building equipment as prescribed by manufacturer’s recommendations (i.e., boilers, chillers, HVAC, electrical, etc.).
- Oversee building systems and mechanical inspections.
- Customer service: Responsible for client retention and client relationships.
- Maintaining the professional appearances of equipment and engineering spaces.
- Responsible for maintaining the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements.
- Operation, maintenance, and repair of all boilers, heaters, pumps, valves, and lines used in the distribution of hot and chilled water.
- Operation, maintenance and repair of refrigerant compressors, condensers, evaporators, traps, transfer pumps, expansion valves, stop valves and float valves, together with all refrigerant lines and devices used to control temperature.
- Operation, maintenance, and repair of air compressors, together with distribution lines and all valves and devices for air control.
- Operation, maintenance, and repair of natural and manufactured gas distribution lines, including all valves and control devices.
- Operation, maintenance, and repair of water filters, softeners, piping, and pumps used in conjunction with water distribution, including sinks, toilet bowls, supply lines, drains and water lines.
- Operation, maintenance, and repair of all types of electrical motors and engines used to power pumps, compressors, and fans.
- Perform plumbing repairs (i.e., clogged drains, copper pipe, change washers, change valves, drain fittings, etc.)
- Perform all services in a safe manner following all applicable OSHA standards.
- Required experience in DDC automated building controls, power distribution emergency power systems, cooling towers, boilers, water treatment, air handlers and package units.
- 2 years of professional trade skills and building systems knowledge required
- Must have a valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Reliable transportation
- Must own basic hand tools
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools safely and independently
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work prolonged periods while standing, crouching, or walking
- Ability to climb ladders, bend, or crawl into awkward spaces
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Holidays
- Paid Medical & Dental Insurance
- Vision and other elective policies available
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- On-site Educational Classes
- Excellent advancement opportunities
Why Work Here? Our purpose is to improve quality of life for our employees and the HOAs we serve.
ProTec was founded in 1996 and specializes in providing professional construction and maintenance services exclusively to Homeowner Associations (HOA). Through continuous innovation and client feedback, we have grown to become the largest and most trusted HOA General Contractor in Southern California and Southern Nevada. We are a two-time Inc. 500 high-growth company and are driven by our company purpose of “Improving Quality of Life” for our valued employees and clients.
Our successfully sustained growth is a direct result of our committed, loyal, and cohesive team members. We expect all ProTecians to live our company values while being dedicated to each other’s mutual success. With all ProTecians dedicated to our purpose, core values, and striving together to reach our goal of 30 offices by 2030, there is ample opportunity for personal and professional growth.
We currently have 9 offices, 370+ proud ProTecians, and are looking for talented people to join our team. If you're seeking a career with a company who wants to “Improve Your Quality of Life” if you are “All In”, would like to “Learn and Grow”, and “Own It” please apply. We have been looking for you!